Sunday, June 5, 2011

Packin' for a Plane Ride

Well.. just a few days to go!! I CAN NOT believe it's finally here!! It seemed liked it'd never get here and now I'm just days away! Holy cow! I have so much to do to get ready! I've made TWO to do lists. That's crazy! The first is all the stuff I need to take care of around my house before I leave so that when I come home I don't walk into a dirty cluttered house! The other list is everything I need to pack! It's quite ridiculous! I've always been an "extreme packer," to put it nicely, I'm sure my dad would say I generally tend to take everything but kitchen sink, but I'd prefer to say I'm a "generous packer." One time when my family went to Boca Raton, FL my bag weighed more than the 50lb limit (this was before the institution of paying for baggage) and they put a bright red tag on it that had a stick figure struggling to pick up and object and said "Caution: HEAVY!" Made me laugh! :) I will try (with the help of my best friend) to pack only what I need... HA. I feel like I need it ALL, I mean, you need to have choices, what if you don't feel like wearing exactly what you packed for that day on that day? That could be a major problem! ;) I'm flying Southwest (which by the way I hope the plane is your typical "colored" Southwest plane-- I've never flown in a plane that wasn't white or silver!--It's the little things!) Anyways, Southwest allows me TWO FREE CHECKED BAGS!!! I'm a girl, I WILL take advantage of this! :D
Pretty Colored Plane! :)




Oh how I wish I could fit everything in 2 bags this size...
I did buy a new carry on bag from Vera Bradley.. it's the Get Carried Away bag, how appropriate right? Anyways it came yesterday and it is going to be PERFECT!!! I think it will be my new "go to" bag for every little excursion! :) 
This picture doesn't do it justice.. it's got great pockets inside and out!
 My only other hope for my flights to and from is to run into someone famous at the airport.. hey it could happen there will be plenty of famous people having to get to Nashville from other places.. so there is a small chance I could have a close encounter! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment