Monday, June 13, 2011

Unforgetable Moments Happen Here

I almost have no words for the amazing time that I've had the past couple days! Saturday and Sunday night's concerts were beyond amazing!!! This city is famous for throwing in surprises and Saturday night was no exception! Josh Turner brought out Scotty and Martina McBride brought out Lauren Alaina! I can not imagine what they were thinking when they saw nearly 70,000 fans cheering for them. Martina probably but on the best show Saturday night. Her voice never gets old and gives me chills every time! Saturday after the concert we went down to Broadway to a dueling Piano Bar called Big Bang. It was a very cool place & the pianist played every genre! It was great! Columbia needs to get one! Very cool atmosphere!

On Sunday Leslie and Katie left, so Daniel and I went and did a super "touristy" thing. We visited Barbara Mandrell's mansion. We ate lunch out there too, it was like an old country cookin restaurant. I had the best collard greens I've ever eaten (besides my dads), broccoli and mac & cheese! The mansion itself was cool too, it's the largest log cabin, and neat to see some memorabilia. After that we drove over to Centennial Park just so I could see the remake of The Parthenon. I'd seen it before but he doesn't live far from it, so he drove me by.

Fontanel Mansion


Finally it was time to head to the final night of concerts! It was truly the best night and included The Jane Dear Girls, The Band Perry, Eli Young Band, Tracey Lawrence, Darius Rucker, Blake Shelton, Miranda Lambert, Pistol Annies, and Taylor Swift!! I think I sang every word to every song at the top of my lungs!! Seriously, I had a sore throat afterwards and I don't have much voice today! :) So, like I said on facebook last night: WOW! What a weekend! Plane tickets: $215.40, CMA Fest Concert Tix: $200, not having a voice & having a constant ringing in my ears: worth it, seeing ALL of my FAVORITE country artist LIVE & singing every word along with them and 50,000 other people: PRICELESS!!!! Trip of a lifetime, something I'll never forget!



No comments:

Post a Comment