Saturday, June 11, 2011

Taking it All In

Well, keeping up with the blog on the trip has proven to be a bit difficult! I've been SUPER busy! So I'll update you from Thurs through this afternoon (saturday).

On Thursday I took a cab (which was an experience in itself, not a bad one, just not use to having to do that) down to Broadway. When I got down there I walked down to Riverfront park to see a few concerts. I saw Gary Allen, Jake Owen, and Steel Magnolia. Not all at once but spread out throughout the afternoon. I ate lunch at  the Wildhorse Saloon. I had a yummy pulled pork BBQ sandwich and kettle chips and about 5 glasses of water. It's RIDICULOUSLY hot here!!! It's been in the upper 90s every day and LOTS of humidity, sometimes there is a breeze but not much! I also just walked around Broadway in and out of shops during the afternoon. Bought another poster from Hatch Print Shop as my souvenir & tried on a cute pair of boots, but they were nearly $300 so I decided that my one pair of boots that I bought here 3 years ago for $50 was plenty! Thursday evening was the first night of concerts, Daniels sister and friend came into town and went to grab a bit to eat before walking 20 blocks to the concert. Thursday night's show was great! We saw Zac Brown Band who brought out Randy Travis and Alan Jackson, Easton Corbin, Sara Evans, Jason Aldean, and Brad Paisley! GREAT SHOW!!!

Friday- Me and the other girls went downtown again and walked around the convention center where it was nice and cool! There we saw Corey Smith, Joe Nickels, Steve Azar, HLN Anchor Robin Meade, and Thompson Square. Then Scotty and Lauren from American Idol showed up. VERY hard to see them in the crowd and through all the media that was following them, but I got a glimpse and I was in the same room! :) I did see both of their mothers though! The process for meet and greets is a bit ridiculous and you'd spend most of your time only standing in line for one. You have to get a ticket to see them, which we couldn't figure out how to if it was a lottery or if you had to buy them. Or you could standing in a hopefuls (hopeless) line. We just chose to get as close as we could and take pictures! It worked for the most part! After that we watched a young (maybe 15) singer/songwriter perform. She was pretty good, and good to see a fresh face getting started in the business! We went to happy hour and then out for the concerts.. Friday night was great too! We saw Ashton Shepherd, Dierks Bentley, Keith Urban (with Jake Owen), Sugarland, Lady A and REBA! After the concert we went out on Broadway with some of Daniel's friends, we bar hopped a bit, fun but VERY crowded this week! We got in late, and then slept in late.

Saturday- We got ready and went down and ate at a place on Broadway, I had really good turkey club on pretzel bread! Then we walked on down to Riverfront and watch Corey Smith. It was SOOOO hot we decided to go in to a restaurant and sit and talk and drink.. I had the biggest glass of water! I can't drink enough of it these days! Now we are about to get ready, eat dinner then go to tonight's concert. Tonight's performers are Chris Young, Little Big Town, Josh Turner, Trace Adkins, Martina McBride & Rascal Flatts! Should be another great night!

Sorry there are no pics with this post.. too much work! I have pictures on facebook, catch them there!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment