Thursday, June 9, 2011

Pancakes, a Mansion and a few bugs!

Yesterday I decided to stay near Daniel's apartment for the day which is in Hillsboro Village. It's really a cute side of town! I walked about 4 blocks down to a little shopping/eating area and went to the famous Pancake Pantry! Apparently, famous people eat here and there is always a line to get it. I waited maybe 6min to get in. I was a party of one and passed a party of 7 & a party of 5. #Winning! haha The pancakes were AMAZING!!! I love pancakes and these were THE BEST I've ever had!! :)


After breakfast I walked around in that little area and went into some cute and unique shops. Then I walked on another 4 blocks or so to the grocery store to grab me some breakfast items for the rest of the week! I can't live w/o my Simply Orange OJ! :)
On my way to the store I realized how LOUD the Cicadas are! Oh.My.Word. Everyone says they have almost all died or are mostly gone, but it's still loud in the middle of the day and they fly around and almost hit you in the face! I saw a bird catch one mid-air on my walk yesterday which was kinda cool. Anyways here is a picture of a DEAD cicada, the one that almost smacked me in the face was NOT dead! GROSS!!! Apparently, they are making their own music in Music City! ;)

Yesterday afternoon I decided to walk about a mile to Belmont University and tour the Mansion. I learned a lot and I like to do education things on vacation. Or maybe I'm just a dork who has an obsession with old houses. Anyways, it was a beautiful place and then I walked around campus. I couldn't take pictures on the tour, but the outside of the house is stunning. I really liked the inside, however it has been restored, so only about 30% of the furnishings are original. It has been in the hands of many over the years, but they are almost done preserving it to it's original state. However, the college uses parts of the house as offices. The owner of the mansion was a woman, which was rare. And she named it "Belmont" because it was on the highest hill and she could see the city from the top, "Belmont" meaning "Beautiful Mountain."



Today I plan to head on down to Broadway & see what I can get into... there are of course concerts going on today, but if it's too hot or it's nobody I'm interested in, then I can shop, go to Hatch Print or visit the Ryman or Country Music Hall of Fame.. some or all of that is up for today! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment